USD 101 is committed to keeping students in school and in-person during the current school year with the least disruption as possible and priorities around the health and safety of our students, staff, and community. The following reopen plan will utilize testing (PreK-12) and vaccinations (ages 12 and up) as a mitigation strategy, in addition to physical distancing, cohorting, regular cleaning/disinfection, ventilation, handwashing, respiratory etiquette, and staying home when sick. This plan is also subject to change based upon the impact of the virus in the school buildings, district, and across the county or as a result of any updates from CDC, KDHE, or other Federal/State agencies. The following is in addition to the current Return to School Plan and can replace verbiage as outlined.
• It is highly recommended that all students and staff wear a mask while in the school building.
• It is highly recommended that students visit with their parents and doctors to determine the need for receiving the Covid vaccine.
• Individuals that are feeling sick, have a fever, or exhibit symptoms of the virus are to stay home or complete the testing protocol.
Isolation and Quarantine Requirements for a positive case:
• The quarantine period is for a minimum of 10 days unless allowed differently from the local health department.
• Must be fever free for 72 hours prior to returning to school.
• Individuals will not be allowed to attend school or any school function for the duration of the quarantine unless released from your local health department.
• Modified Quarantine Requirements:
• All individuals will be required to wear a mask, must social distance when possible, and must eat in an area separate from other individuals or,
• Individuals can choose to test on a daily basis upon entering the building and must stay in an isolated area until the test results are determined for that day. Testing will be conducted using the rapid antigen or PCR tests. Individuals can test at a doctor’s office if the results are provided to the district.
• Individuals that show a negative test result do not have to wear a mask and can participate in all activities.
• Individuals must test once a day before school or attending a practice, participating in a sporting event, or activities that there is no school for the day.
• Students must have parental permission to participate in the testing protocols.
• Individuals do not have to quarantine if they have received the vaccine and are permitted by the local health department.
• Individuals that have received a vaccine do not have to quarantine, but will need to have a negative test completed between days 5 and 7 after a close contact.
The following is a masking criteria for schools and district buildings while indoors. The status for each building will be determined as of noon on Friday and will be applicable for the week starting on Monday.
• If a 5% positive case for the virus is obtained at an individual building in the district, there will be a mask mandate for all students and staff for a duration of 2 weeks.